Before your Head Shot Portrait Session
- When using a studio provided makeup artist, arrive with your hair done like you would for an audition and a clean face (no makeup whatsoever)
- If you have any allergies caused by makeup, be sure to let us know as soon as possible so we can make any necessary adjustments. Be sure to get plenty of sleep and hydrated the night before and have any haircuts done a few days prior to the session.
- Don’t be late, you have a 15 minute leeway. After that, it will cut into your shooting time.
- Family, agents, etc. generally should not stay for the actual shoot. This can lead to unrelaxed, awkward sessions.
- Bring your iPod/MP3 player! (we have speakers) This will help your session and be fun!
- In the case of inclement weather your outdoor session will be rescheduled ASAP. This includes a 90% chance weather report 24 hours before or surprise weather during the session.
What to Wear
- Deep, bright colors and jewel tones (blues, greens, reds, etc.) work best for the camera
- Avoid pastel colors that are lighter than your skin tone.
- Textures are good, patterns can be tricky, and stripes rarely work.
- Bring clothing that fits you well, and a variety of necklines to give yourself options, rules were made to be broken but generally avoid sleeveless tops.
- Layers are great, especially for men (t-shirt, collared shirt, sweaters, jackets, etc).
- We love shooting in the park, so if your shoot is outdoors in winter time, bring the obvious.